Line Service Shift Supervisor - ATL
Signature Aviation is a market leading global aviation services provider with over 220 locations and 6,000 employees worldwide. Eligible team members enjoy a wide array of benefits including health and welfare options, generous 401k match, paid time off, tuition assistance, and limitless opportunities for training and development.
Responsible for leading and directing activities of Line Service Technicians engaged in providing requested services to general aviation aircraft, crew and passengers. May perform the same or similar functions as those assigned to the workgroup.
- Delegate and assign duties to qualified personnel, monitor progress and assess results.
- Greet, park, tow, move and marshal aircraft arriving or departing ramp area.
- Provide lavatory and water service as requested.
- Fuel/de-ice aircraft as requested.
- Provide shuttle service for passengers/crew as required.
- Assist with customer service duties as required.
- Provide oil and oxygen service for aircraft as requested.
- Assist passengers and/or crew with baggage/cargo as needed.
- Assist with general cleaning and clearing of debris from ramp, building and customer areas.
- Assist with wing-walking duties as required.
- Assist Supervisor with training new employees.
- Perform others duties as assigned.
- Regularly stand and walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Read, write and fluently speak and understand the English language.
- Drive vehicles in areas congested with aircraft, moving and stationary vehicles and equipment requiring the ability to identify and distinguish colors, judge distance and spatial relationships.
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers, clients, management and other employees.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Regularly required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds above the head.
- Apply concepts of basic math to perform operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Wear uniform and insignia as prescribed by the Company.
- Report to work in a regular and timely basis.
To qualify for this position, applicants and those in the role must have:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- A valid state driver’s license. In some locations, a commercial driver’s license (CDL) is required as dictated by local regulations and business needs.
- Ability to pass background checks (criminal and motor vehicle), and drug tests, receive and maintain issuance of an airport security badge, and be insurable by the company’s applicable insurance policies.
- Ability to successfully and timely complete Signature’s training programs
- Ability to pass a color vision test for purposes of inspecting aviation fuel.
- Ability to use a computer and email, including passing computer-based training modules.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and for safety-sensitive tasks, in English
- Ability to perform simple arithmetic (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, fractions, angles, degrees, and time)
- Ability to work flexible schedules, including night, holiday, and weekend shifts, and in various weather conditions.
- Prior general aviation experience preferred.
An Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Vet
From your health to your financial wellness, there are several benefits for you and your family when joining Signature Aviation.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement – Up to $5,250 FT and $2,625 PT per calendar year
- Vision insurance
- Training and Development
- Retirement Saving Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Our Benefits We’re here to help support you, your family, and your future. Explore how Signature Aviation's benefits can work for you.
Line Service Technician - ATLSignature Flight Support LLC Atlanta, Georgia Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Int'l Airport