Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic - Cedar Rapids, IA
***$1,000 Sign On Bonus***
Signature Aviation is a market leading global aviation services provider with over 220 locations and 6,000 employees worldwide. Eligible team members enjoy a wide array of benefits including health and welfare options, generous 401k match, paid time off, tuition assistance, and limitless opportunities for training and development.
From your health to your financial wellness, there are several benefits for you and your family when joining Signature Aviation.
- Medical/prescription drug, dental, and vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity and Accident Insurance
- Identity Theft and Legal Services
- Paid time off
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Training and Development
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) & Perks
Airframe and powerplant technician generally inspects, repairs, overhauls, upgrades and cleans aircraft. A&P’s also provide for the general and routine maintenance and do so in accordance with all Federal Aviation Administration regulations, all aircraft manufacturer's recommendation and all company policies and procedures. Additionally A&P mechanics are required to maintain detailed records concerning all work conducted, inspections performed, conditions found, and safety compliance.
- Read and interpret technical data
- Make required work order entries for discrepancies and corrective actions
- Mechanical ability to execute per technical data
- Parts identification, read and interpret IPC
- Remove and install aircraft panels.
- Basic operational and functional checks
- Provide nitrogen and oxygen servicing
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from two year college or technical school and zero to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Airframe and powerplant license
- Ability to read and comprehend documents such as safety rules, operating instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write simple correspondence and routine reports. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small groups of customers and other employees of the organization.
An Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Vet
Our Benefits We’re here to help support you, your family, and your future. Explore how Signature Aviation's benefits can work for you.