General Manager II
- Develop understanding of the market for the FBO including growth opportunities.
- Conduct ongoing analysis of competition to including selling points, product offerings and pricing.
- Remain locally competitive by managing in liaison with Revenue Management team
- Creates new opportunities by developing relationships with customers, and airport authorities.
- Establish a culture that promotes safety through daily observations, shift briefings, routine audits, maintenance of SHEBBA, monthly safety meetings, training and documented safety procedures. Formulate procedures for use in event of aircraft accidents, fires or other emergencies.
- Establish a culture that promotes customer loyalty by creating an environment of increased employee engagement
- Regularly interact with customers to promote the FBO and to measure the level of customer satisfaction. Use customer feedback to constantly develop and improve capabilities and processes.
- Ensure proper staffing levels are maintained based on daily/weekly/monthly volumes
- Develop new business plans with capital requirements and anticipated performance. Prepare the FBO budget with insight for the capability of and opportunities for the FBO.
- Responsible for financial management of base including capital expenditures, forecasting, budgeting, audit performance and expense management.
- Carry out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Perform leadership functions such as conducting annual reviews, making hiring decisions, and managing performance of direct reports which includes mentoring and skill development.
- Ensure employees receive company communications and necessary training including safety, customer service standards, Company values, etc.
- Ensure training and development of employees to improve work performance and maximize employee potential.
- Other duties as requested or assigned
The following functions may be performed in variable weather and environmental conditions such as jet engine fumes, dust or jet engine noise.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, talk and hear.
- Occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Read, write and fluently speak and understand the English language.
- Read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents.
- Respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
- Write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Effectively present information to top management, public groups and/or boards of directors.
- Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
- Apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Five (5) years or more management experience with three or more years experience in aviation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Aviation Management or related field preferred.
- Must demonstrate the following core competencies: entrepreneurship, change leadership, negotiation and influence, business acumen, operational decision making, customer orientation, driving for results, managing and measuring work, interpersonal skills and superior ability to positively relate and communicate to customers.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and web based applications.
- Must posses a valid driver’s license.
An Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Vet
Our Benefits We’re here to help support you, your family, and your future. Explore how Signature Aviation's benefits can work for you.
Signature Flight Support LLC Chicago, Illinois Chicago Midway
Signature Flight Support LLC Chicago, Illinois Chicago O'Hare