Assistant Chief Inspector
The Assistant Chief Inspector is responsible to the Chief Inspector for performing duties assigned by the Chief Inspector. Some of these duties will include inspection department functions such as performing facility, work order and internal audits. The Assistant Chief Inspector will assist Lead Inspectors in research related to articles maintained by the repair station. The Assistant Chief Inspector will also function as acting Chief Inspector in the absence of the Chief Inspector. This is a non-exempt, full time, hourly position.
- Assist or train Lead Inspectors as required in review of Airplane Fight Manuals / Pilots Operating Handbook for currency and review of applicable Airworthiness Directives through latest Bi-Weekly List for articles inspected or maintained by the repair station
- Prepare Inspection Package for Department Managers and Crew Chiefs by organizing Package based upon inspection guide for each aircraft.
- Assist all departments in preparing a squawk list against all incoming aircraft and components accepted by the repair station for maintenance.
- Maintain customer records (logbook) storage as required.
- Maintain Base Customers Status Sheets by ensuring customers are aware of upcoming inspections and all inspections reflect the current Maintenance Manual Revision.
- If required research and develop a Maintenance Status Sheet for potential new customers.
- Comply with Pre-Purchase Inspections when Required to determine aircraft Condition and assist with research to comply with Import and Export of Aircraft.
- Create and provide various Maintenance documents in CAMP such as Status Sheets, Due Lists and AD / SB Compliance Lists to assist Service Department.
- Review daily and weekly work schedule developed by Department Managers.
- Review and Maintain the Company’s Approved Vendor List
- Review Maintenance Manuals every two weeks for Revision Changes.
- Maintain rapport with Base Customers by Sending out E-Mails every Month, Requesting Times for Status Sheets.
- Review Corridor for accuracy, ensuring all squawks have been entered correctly to include current times, ATA Codes ETC…
- If required, review completed work packages for accuracy to assist the Chief Inspector.
- Assist the Chief Inspector in developing training procedures and programs
- Assist the Chief Inspector in performing audits of facilities, work orders and Repair Station Manuals
- Assist the Chief Inspector in writing revisions to the Repair Station Manuals
- Communicate with FAA as required
- Be familiar with FAR parts 21, 23, 25, 39, 43, 65, 91, 135, and 145 at minimum
- Familiar with RTS procedures for the various part 135 operators whose aircraft are maintained at the facility.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Regularly required to sit, talk or hear.
- Frequently required to walk; use fingers, hands, and arms to reach and grasp.
- Occasionally required to stand, walk, climb or balance.
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Must have strong planning and scheduling skills.
- Must have high attention to detail
- Must have strong time management skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Read, write and fluently speak and understand the English language.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Read and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Apply concepts of math such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables where only limited standardization exits.
- Report to work in a regular and timely basis.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Airframe and Powerplant Certification required
- High School Diploma plus three (3) years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Excellentas MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook), CAMP, Corridor, and other software.
An Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Vets
From your health to your financial wellness, there are several benefits for you and your family when joining Signature Aviation.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement – Up to $5,250 FT and $2,625 PT per calendar year
- Vision insurance
- Training and Development
- Retirement Saving Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Our Benefits We’re here to help support you, your family, and your future. Explore how Signature Aviation's benefits can work for you.
Crew Chief IIISignature Flight Support LLC Greensboro, North Carolina Piedmont Triad Int'l Airport
Avionics TechnicianSignature Flight Support LLC Greensboro, North Carolina Piedmont Triad Int'l Airport
Interiors TechnicianSignature Flight Support LLC Greensboro, North Carolina Piedmont Triad Int'l Airport