ACCOUNTING MANAGER – HNL M&O SUMMARY Work hard, play harder! We’re seeking an Accounting Manager that will lead the day-to-day activities of the accounting and inventory teams. No two days are the same and we are seeking a detail-oriented individual with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. The ideal candidate will take initiative, ask the right questions, and be willing to cross-train on all accounting and inventory functional areas. The Signature Flight Support M&O is a small office that runs on coffee, hard work and bouts of laughter. We are seeking a candidate that is a team player and wants to join a dedicated group.
Summary of duties:
- Monitor physical inventory reconciliations and variances according to aviation industry standards and investigate discrepancies outside of those standards.
- Oversee the analysis, trending, and forecasting of jet fuel supply needs to ensure product and space availability at various locations.
- Oversee the inventory management system across multiple locations to accurately track receipts, distributions, and inventory levels.
- Compile, analyze, and prepare financial reports to include balance sheets, income statements, statements of cash flow, and monthly operating reports.
- Prepare calculations and perform journal entries for fixed assets, lease accounting, capitalization, depreciation, prepaids, etc.
- Understand and implement GAAP; requires working knowledge and experience with ASC 842 for lease accounting.
- Establish, modify, document and coordinate implementation of accounting and jet fuel inventory control procedures.
- Analyze and report of budget variances. Collaborate with managers and staff on preparing annual budgets and inventory projections for presentation to board members.
- Lead and assist employees in all facets of accounting, inventory, and administrative tasks. Including A/P, A/R, payroll, tax, inventory supply, inventory variance, office supply, equipment ordering, scheduling, and equipment disposal.
- Responsible for preparing statements, schedules, inventory reports, and other documents for annual external audits.
- Process and ensure timely filing and payment of Hawaii General Excise Tax (GET), Fuel Oil Spill Tax (FOST), Harbor Maintenance Fees (HMF), and Superfund Chemical Excise Tax.
- Establishes and manages vendor and supplier relationships and ensures contractual agreements for fuel supply and fuel allocations are followed by all stakeholders.
- Interview, hire and train employees; plan, assign and direct work; appraise performance; reward and discipline employees; address complaints and resolve conflicts.
- Supervise the accounting and inventory team members in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures and applicable laws.
- Prepare custom reports as requested by other managers to better analyze the business and operations
- Frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to stand and walk.
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Read, write and fluently speak and understand the English language.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, supervisors, clients, customers and the general public.
- Read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Write routine reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Apply math concepts such as probability and statistical inference and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry.
- Apply math concepts such as fractions, percentages, rations and proportions to practical situations.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Bachelor's Degree (B.A.) from a four (4) year college or university.
- Three (3) to Five (5) years of accounting experience with inventory management.
- Experience leading a team of three (3) or more.
- Preferred candidates have a current CPA license and a master’s degree in an accounting discipline.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience using Quickbooks, Excel, and other Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, Access, etc).
- Must possess a valid state Driver's license.
An Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Vet
From your health to your financial wellness, there are several benefits for you and your family when joining Signature Aviation.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement – Up to $5,250 FT and $2,625 PT per calendar year
- Vision insurance
- Training and Development
- Retirement Saving Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Our Benefits We’re here to help support you, your family, and your future. Explore how Signature Aviation's benefits can work for you.