Billing & Settlement Manager
The Manager, Billing & Settlement manages the activities of the Fuel Billing and Payables department with a focus on delivering world-class customer service to EPIC’s external customers, vendors, and internal customers. The Manager will be responsible for EPIC’s timely and accurate generation of fuel invoices to customers and reconciliations of fuel payable invoices with EPIC’s fuel vendors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and supervise the review, analysis, and distribution of customer invoices for fuel transactions with a focus on service and support of EPIC’s customers
- Manage and supervise the review, processing, and reconciliation of fuel supplier and carrier invoices
- Manage a team of 8 to 10 employees in the department with responsibility for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these employees. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with EPIC’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; goal setting; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and coaching employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Work collaboratively with Sales, Fuel Supply, Fuel Dispatch, Credit, Accounting, Inventory and Tax groups to ensure that customer fuel invoicing is accurate, within contractual terms and distributed in a timely manner.
- Utilize existing metrics and KPIs to drive continuous improvement and reduce the unbilled revenue by identifying opportunities to expedite the invoice process as soon as dispatched fuel has been delivered.
- Understand and actively guide the setup process for new customers and/or fuel delivery locations to ensure accurate inputs of supply and logistics costs across all integrated systems resulting in accurate invoices to EPIC’s customers the first time every time
- Identify root cause and implement corrective action of systemic billing errors to ensure customer invoice accuracy and improve customer satisfaction
- Supervise the processing and resolution of customer invoice disputes within established timeframes
- Consistently review and improve processes within the department to deliver quality service to EPIC’s customers by using developed KPIs. Develop and refine KPIs as business needs/requirements change and drive a culture of continues improvement within the Billing Department.
- Assist in the monthly close process ensuring all fuel payables and fuel revenue transactions are processed timely and key accounts are reconciled within established time frames.
- Assist with annual audits by independent firms as required.
- Understand the end-to-end sales-to-invoice process guiding improvements and efficiencies across multiple departments within the organization
- Responsible for production of A/R and processing/audit of all fuel and carrier payables ensuring only agreed upon contract rates are processed for payment.
- A team of 8 - 10 Invoicing Speciali
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of billing or equivalent experience required along with a proven track record of successfully managing a team.
- Aviation fuel billing experience preferred but not required
Minimum Education (including degrees, certificates, licenses, registrations):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business discipline preferred
An Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Vets
Our Benefits We’re here to help support you, your family, and your future. Explore how Signature Aviation's benefits can work for you.