Line Service Technician - LAXSignature Flight Support LLC
Los Angeles, CaliforniaLos Angeles Int'l Airport
- Job Type: Full time
- Job Level: Standard
Hone your airside skills in a world of elite clientele, private aircrafts, and trusted expertise. Signature Aviation is a leading aviation company that provides essential services to private aircrafts. When you join us, you’re a part of a team of aviation experts that can help guide your professional journey in a career that really stands out. Each day will bring new challenges in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, and you’ll be trusted to keep multi-million dollar private jets ready for their next mission. Through it all, you'll discover your potential in an industry unlike any other. That's Signature Aviation.
What makes a successful Line Service Technician - LAX?
See if you have what it takes.
- Team Player
Dedicated to Development
Start your course towards a career that will build you into an aviation operations professional.
We’ve Got Your Back
Whether you’re interested in pursuing training to learn new skills or need support for difficult decisions, our Signature leaders will help make it happen.
Guided by Our Values
We invest in our people and consistently exceed customer expectations in a safe, sustainable, and transparent work environment.
Owning Your Career
Starting as a Line Service Technician, you’ll have the opportunity to expand your knowledge and propel yourself to new responsibilities in aviation.
Line Service Technician
Working at Signature is the best way to build connections and learn. Everyone here has encouraged my goal to be a professional pilot.Rachel S. Line Service Technician
Benefits may differ by country.*
Receive comprehensive medical benefits upon hire.*
Balance your professional and personal life with paid time off.
Invest in your retirement and get a company-matched contribution.*
Available for most team members pursuing undergrad or graduate degrees.
Put your career on the fast track with our Emerging Leaders Program (ELP) and professional development seminars.
Live to the fullest with our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and other special benefits.
Picture your career in aircraft line service at Signature.
Line Service Technician - LAX
Signature Aviation is a market leading global aviation services provider with over 220 locations and 6,000 employees worldwide. Eligible team members enjoy a wide array of benefits including health and welfare options, generous 401k match, paid time off, tuition assistance, and limitless opportunities for training and development.
A Line Service Technician (LST) is a customer service role responsible for a variety of duties that contribute towards safely providing requested services for general aviation aircraft, crews and passengers. An LST routinely operates ground service equipment and uses knowledge of the company’s policies and procedures to provide efficient and excellent service to customers and other guests to the fixed base operation (FBO).
Persons employed as an LST are expected to:
- Work as part of a team delivering safe and efficient aircraft services while providing a welcoming atmosphere to customers and other guests
- Collaborate, cooperate and work closely with all coworkers, customers, clients, vendors, and aircraft crewmembers to ensure customer service needs are met. This includes ensuring efficient and accurate communication through various methods to accomplish operational tasks
- Service aircraft as requested by management or customers, such as fueling, de-icing, lavatory, ground power and potable water services, parking, marshalling, delivering catering and towing
- Operate and drive ground service equipment such as fuel trucks, de-icing trucks, ground power units, tugs, and stair trucks, shuttles, etc.
- Offer, promote, sell and deliver general aviation services to crewmembers, customers and other guests
- Maintain safe, clean and secure ramps and operations
- Drive a shuttle vehicle with passengers and/or luggage and cargo
- Load and unload luggage and other cargo into/out of aircraft and from/into the FBO or other location
- Fuel handling including fuel quality control, fuel receipt, inventory and maintaining accurate related documentation
- Provide professional and friendly customer service while exhibiting a positive and helpful attitude, consideration and courtesy to everyone at all times
- Understand, comply with and enforce all operational, safety, and customer service requirements for all aspects of the job
- Understand, comply with and enforce all security (physical, cyber and data) protocols as dictated by Signature and the airport
- Create accurate records pertaining to time worked and activities and services performed
- Abide by emergency response procedures when/if critical events occur
- Recommend improvements to Signature’s standards, administrative procedures, facilities, methods, and practices to the appropriate Signature management personnel
- Other duties as requested
The following are essential to the job, in addition to those listed above and on the chart in this description. Certain functions may be performed in varying weather and environmental conditions such as precipitation, extreme temperatures, jet engine fumes, dust and noise. The tasks are performed inside and outside near stationary and moving aircraft (including spinning propellers and engines).
- Safely and accurately conduct flight line operations in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Regular and reliable in-person and timely attendance for all shifts which may include nights, weekends and/or holidays as scheduled
- This is a physical job. There is extensive and constant standing, walking, lifting, carrying, stretching, pinching, pushing, pulling, bending, crawling, climbing, twisting, etc.
- Excellent vision and coordination to move and/or direct aircraft and visually inspect aircraft fuel
- Clearly communicate in English with others in person, via telephone, radio communicators, and in writing
- Must be able to physically enter/exit and operate motor vehicles and ground support equipment such as fuel trucks, vans, tugs, and cars
- Must be able to safely and efficiently perform various functions (e.g., fueling, de-icing) from elevated heights
- Ability to read, understand and follow all company policies, safety and ethical procedures, and relevant laws, regulations, orders and the like
- Must work well as part of a team, get along with others, follow lawful directions and instructions the first time, follow all company policies and procedures, and ask questions to clarify instructions
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to handle stressful situations and high-profile clientele with poise, effectiveness, confidentiality, and professionalism and always with a sense of cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Independently and proactively (i) prepare for arriving/departing aircraft, (ii) identify and perform open job tasks; and (iii) immediately speak up and/or point out observed safety concerns to all stakeholders
To qualify for this position, applicants and those in the role must have:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- A valid state driver’s license. In some locations a commercial driver’s license (CDL) is required as dictated by local regulations and business needs
- Ability to pass background checks (criminal and motor vehicle), drug tests, receive and maintain issuance of an airport security badge, and be insurable by the company’s applicable insurance policies
- Ability to successfully and timely complete Signature’s training programs
- Ability to pass a color vision test for purposes of inspecting aviation fuel
- Ability to use a computer and email, including pass computer-based training modules
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and for safety-sensitive tasks, in English
- Ability to perform simple arithmetic (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, fractions, angles, degrees, time)
- Ability to work flexible schedules, including night, holiday and weekend shifts and in various weather conditions
- Preferred: Three (3) to six (6) months experience and/or training in aviation, customer service or other related field or equivalent combination of education and experience and/or training.
Pay ranges vary based on multiple factors including, without limitation, skill sets, education, shift worked, responsibilities, seniority, geographical market, merit, output, productivity, prior training or experience and travel. The pay range for this position is $22.67 to $23.08 / hour.
An Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Vet
From your health to your financial wellness, there are several benefits for you and your family when joining Signature Aviation.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement – Up to $5,250 FT and $2,625 PT per calendar year
- Vision insurance
- Training and Development
- Retirement Saving Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Our Benefits We’re here to help support you, your family, and your future. Explore how Signature Aviation's benefits can work for you.