Customer Service Representative -Part TimeSignature Flight Support LLC
- Job Type: Part time
- Job Level: Standard
Customer Service Representatives (CSRs) are responsible for a variety of duties that contribute towards the overall success of the fixed base operation and focus on consistently providing excellent customer service. A CSR often serves as the face of Signature while interacting with visitors and coworkers in a professional, friendly, and courteous manner.
What makes a successful Customer Service Representative -Part Time?
See if you have what it takes.
Dedicated to Development
Start your course towards a career that will build you into an aviation operations professional.
We’ve Got Your Back
Whether you’re interested in pursuing training to learn new skills or need support for difficult decisions, our Signature leaders will help make it happen.
Guided by Our Values
We invest in our people and consistently exceed customer expectations in a safe, sustainable, and transparent work environment.
Owning Your Career
Starting as a Customer Service Representative, you’ll have the opportunity to expand your knowledge and propel yourself to new responsibilities in aviation.
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Supervisor
I’ve been supported by my leadership team which has led me to be a better team player and become the site trainer for new Customer Service Representative employees.Nancy R. Customer Service Representative
Benefits may differ by country.*
Receive comprehensive medical benefits upon hire.*
Balance your professional and personal life with paid time off.
Invest in your retirement and get a company-matched contribution.*
Available for most team members pursuing undergrad or graduate degrees.
Put your career on the fast track with our Emerging Leaders Program (ELP) and professional development seminars.
Live to the fullest with our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and other special benefits.
Picture your career in Customer Service at Signature.
Customer Service Representative -Part Time
Signature’s Customer Service Representatives (CSR) are responsible for a variety of duties that contribute towards the overall success of the fixed base operation (FBO) and focus on consistently providing excellent customer service. A CSR often serves as the face of Signature while interacting with visitors and coworkers in a professional, friendly and courteous manner. CSRs ensure concierge and other services are promptly and correctly handled, provided and billed in accordance with Signature’s procedures. Although customer service is a top priority, a large number of the CSR’s daily tasks involve using a computer and require a high level of concentration to ensure accuracy in busy settings.
A CSR is expected to:
- Work as part of a team to provide everyone with a friendly welcome to Signature
- Collaborate, cooperate and work closely with all coworkers, customers and other visitors to ensure customer service needs are met. This includes ensuring an efficient and accurate transfer of information through various methods between and among customers, the FBO, other company departments and external parties
- Increase customer satisfaction by understanding and promptly addressing customers’ needs, which may include identifying and offering additional Signature services
- Respond to vendor, customer, and team member questions/concerns in an efficient and effective manner
- Accurately receive, dispatch and completely process customer purchases and fuel transactions in accordance with company procedures
- Maintain a working knowledge of Signature’s facilities, services, website, surrounding areas, and other information commonly asked about by Signature’s customers and other visitors
- Replenish complementary beverages/supplies, as outlined in the facility appearance standard
- Enforce good cleanliness practices through daily inspections in assigned areas for good hygiene, neatness, and compliance with regulations and policies, and take corrective actions as needed
- Provide visitors with a wide array of concierge services including arranging reservations for hotel stays, ground transportation, catering and customs appointments as requested
- Assist pilots with access to airport and weather information, portals and computers
- Assist visitors with their luggage in the FBO and outside to/from aircraft
- Marshall aircraft, wing walking, placing chocks and cones, and assist line service personnel as needed
- Abide by emergency response procedures when/if critical events occur
- Recommend improvements to Signature’s standards, administrative procedures, facilities, methods, and practices to the appropriate Signature management personnel
- Exhibit a positive attitude, consideration and courtesy to everyone at all times
- Understand, comply with and enforce all security (physical, cyber a
The following are essential to the job, in addition to those listed above and on the chart in this description.
- While a CSR largely works inside the FBO, some components of this position are performed outside on the airport ramp
- Certain functions may be performed in varying weather and environmental conditions such as precipitation, extreme temperatures, jet engine fumes, dust and noise. The tasks performed outside may be near stationary and moving aircraft (including spinning propellers and engines).
- Regular and reliable in-person and timely attendance for shifts which may include nights, weekends and/or holidays as scheduled
- Ability to read, understand and comply with all company policies, safety and ethical procedures, and relevant laws, regulations, orders and the like
- Clearly communicate in English and with the proper tone in person, via telephone, fax, radio communicators, and in various forms of writing such as data entry, email and hand-written documents
- Operate a multi-line telephone and use the company-approved greeting
- Drive cars, vans or other shuttles
- Ability to detect phishing attempts and avoid attempts by others to infiltrate the Company computer network through practicing safe computer use and complying with company IT policies
- Independently and proactively (i) anticipate customer needs/requests, (ii) perform open job tasks, and (iii) immediately speak up and/or point out observed safety concerns to all stakeholders
- Proficiency in computer operations (internet, email, Word) and typing, with an ability to learn new software
- Work well as part of a team, get along with others, understand and follow lawful directions and instructions the first time, follow all company policies and procedures, and ask questions to clarify instructions
- Ability to handle stressful situations and high-profile clientele with poise, effectiveness, confidentiality and professionalism and always with a sense of cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to lift light to moderately heavy items from the floor and into an aircraft and vice versa
- Ability to read small print
To qualify for this position, applicants and those in the role must have:
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- A valid state driver’s license
- A professional appearance
- Ability to pass background checks (criminal and motor vehicle), drug tests, receive and maintain issuance of an airport security badge, and be insurable by the company’s applicable insurance policies
- Ability to successfully and timely complete Signature’s training programs Ability to use a computer and email, including passing computer-based training modules
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
- Ability to work flexible schedules and in various weather conditions
- Ability to perform simple arithmetic (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, fractions, angles, degrees, time)
- Preferred: Three (3) to six (6) months experience and/or training in aviation, FBO, hospitality, customer service or another related field
- Preferred: knowledge of radio procedures and protocols
An Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Vet
Our Benefits We’re here to help support you, your family, and your future. Explore how Signature Aviation's benefits can work for you.