Airframe and Powerplant I Technician STP-MRO
Signature Aviation is a market leading global aviation services provider with over 220 locations and 6,000 employees worldwide. Eligible team members enjoy a wide array of benefits including health and welfare options, generous 401k match, paid time off, tuition assistance, and limitless opportunities for training and development.
Tech 1 airframe and powerplant technician generally inspects, repairs, overhauls, upgrades and cleans aircraft. A&P’s also provide for the general and routine maintenance and do so in accordance with all Federal Aviation Administration regulations, all aircraft manufacturer's recommendation and all company policies and procedures. Additionally, A&P Technicians are required to maintain detailed records concerning all work conducted, inspections performed, conditions found, and safety compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read and interpret technical data
- Make required work order entries for discrepancies and corrective actions
- Mechanical ability to execute per technical data
- Parts identification, read and interpret IPC
- Remove and install aircraft panels.
- Basic operational and functional checks
- Provide nitrogen and oxygen servicing
Minimum Education and/or Experience:
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from two year college or technical school and zero to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Airframe and powerplant license
- Ability to read and comprehend documents such as safety rules, operating instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write simple correspondence and routine reports. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small groups of customers and other employees of the organization.
Additional knowledge and skills:
Must have the upmost morals and ethics. Performing aircraft maintenance is a highly demanding profession, requiring constant focus and attention to detail. People’s lives and livelihoods depend on it.
An Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Vets
From your health to your financial wellness, there are several benefits for you and your family when joining Signature Aviation.
- Medical/prescription drug, dental, and vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity and Accident Insurance
- Identity Theft and Legal Services
- Paid time off
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Training and Development
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) & Perks
Our Benefits We’re here to help support you, your family, and your future. Explore how Signature Aviation's benefits can work for you.