Lead, A&P Mechanic
- Comply with the Location’s attendance/tardiness standards.
- Ensures that maintenance schedules are met by coordinating the optimum mix of manpower, equipment, shop space, material availability, and technical data.
- Assigns and supervises the work of mechanics; assists in problem cases as required.
- Ensures that aircraft and operation records are maintained in accordance with FAA regulations and Company procedures.
- Instructs assigned personnel in all applicable safety regulations; monitors to ensure compliance.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of new aircraft systems, methods, and maintenance equipment.
- Frequently coordinates with customer representatives and other departments.
- Responsible with Department Manager for invoicing and related tasks, etc.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Performs activities of workers supervised.
- Directly supervises A&P mechanics.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Must have active A&P License.
- Must have the experience and education to perform the typical distinguishing duties.
- At least five years General Aviation, Corporate, and Heavy Class Aircraft experience.
- Must be computer literate.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
An Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Vet
Our Benefits We’re here to help support you, your family, and your future. Explore how Signature Aviation's benefits can work for you.