Signature Aviation is a market leading global aviation services provider with over 220 locations and 6,000 employees worldwide. Eligible team members enjoy a wide array of benefits including health and welfare options, generous 401k match, paid time off, tuition assistance, and limitless opportunities for training and development.
As a Senior Developer, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining complex software applications and systems written in the C# programming language. You will collaborate with a team of developers, engineers, and stakeholders to deliver high-quality software solutions that meet business requirements. Your expertise in programming, software architecture, and problem-solving skills will be essential for success in this role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, and maintain software applications and systems.
- Cultivates and disseminates knowledge of application development best practices.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather requirements, analyze system specifications, and design software solutions.
- Optimize software performance and scalability through code profiling, analysis, and refactoring.
- Conduct thorough code reviews to ensure code quality, maintainability, and performance.
- Create standards, document processes, communicate with leaders, and adhere to policies for standard systems and software development methodologies and tools.
- Mentor and guide junior developers, providing technical expertise and sharing best practices.
- Create strategic solutions.
- Strategy & Planning
- Troubleshoot and debug complex software issues, providing timely resolutions and bug fixes.
- Oversees program logic, data processing, and error resolution quality assurance.
- Develops an awareness of programming and design alternatives.
- Takes an active role in cross-departmental projects when needed.
- Stay updated with industry trends, new technologies, and advancements.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Research emerging application development, software products, languages, and standards to support company procurement and development efforts.
- Regularly interacts with managers, clients, vendors, and agencies to field queries and questions.
- Research, document, and implement program requirements and specifications.
- Consistently writes, translates, and codes software programs and applications according to specifications.
- Completes code reviews for team deliverables.
- Runs and monitors performance tests on new and existing software to correct mistakes, isolate areas for improvement, and debug.
- Administers diagnostic analysis of test results and delivers solutions to critical areas.
- Determines, develops, and maintains user manuals and guidelines.
- Delivers training and provides knowledge transfer to end-user clients.
- Liaises with software and hardware vendors for prompt rectification of any problems or emergencies.
- Liaises with network administrators, systems analysts, programmers, and other software engineers to resolve defects in products or company systems.
- Writes and/or deletes programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or appearance of the company Website and Web applications as necessary.
- Recommends, schedules, and performs software improvements and upgrades for optimal performance of company workstations.
- Effectively interacts with business and functional teams to gather/develop functional and technical requirements and translate the requirements into robust analytics and reporting solutions.
- Researches and resolves application production problems.
Supervisor and Financial Responsibilities:
Minimum Education and/or Experience:
- Four-year college diploma or university degree in software engineering or computer science, or eight (8+) years equivalent work experience.
- Proven experience as a Senior Developer or similar role, with a strong portfolio of software development projects.
- In-depth knowledge of the C# programming language and its core concepts.
- In-depth knowledge Azure development, offerings, and its core concepts.
- Proficiency in software development tools and technologies such as compilers, debuggers, IDEs, and version control systems.
- Strong understanding of software architecture, design patterns, and data structures.
- Experience in developing multi-threaded and parallel applications.
- Familiarity with low-level systems programming and embedded software development.
- Knowledge of network programming, socket programming, and inter-process communication (IPC).
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to debug and resolve complex software issues.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies.
Additional knowledge and skills:
- Angular Framework
- Proficient in the use of SDLC tools for source code control and work item management
- Knowledge of ETL (Extract, Transform, and Load) tools
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vets
From your health to your financial wellness, there are several benefits for you and your family when joining Signature Aviation.
- Medical/prescription drug, dental, and vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity and Accident Insurance
- Identity Theft and Legal Services
- Paid time off
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Training and Development
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) & Perks
Our Benefits We’re here to help support you, your family, and your future. Explore how Signature Aviation's benefits can work for you.