Engineer, Information Security II
Job ID 6987 Date Posted 03/14/2023 Location Orlando, Florida Airport Lake Nona, FL Company Signature Flight Support LLC Job Type Full time Job Level StandardApply Now
The Network Security Engineer II will be the subject matter expert on all security policies within the FortiGate Firewalls and will work closely with the Signature Network Team to align Information Security Best Practices with the networking architecture. This role will be the main advisor to the Information Security Manager on the Network Security program, occasionally replacing the security system protocols & architecture and leading projects to expand the security footprint.
- Deploys and maintains Network Security solutions including FortiGate Firewalls, Virtual Private Networks and Azure (WAF) this includes upgrading firmware, clients, and security policies
- Serve as the pivot point between Information Security and the Network team to ensure security best practices are adhered to in the deployment and management of the Firewalls and Cloud WAF preferably on Azure environments.
- Have a strong understanding of Zero-Trust Models, preferably Zscaler, and be able to configure, manage, and advise on best security practices therein
- Understand and can analyze Security Information Event Management solutions; both Splunk and Sentinel
- Implements technical solutions based on best practices to fulfill contractual, regulatory, and legal requirements supporting PCI, NIST, GDPR.
- Delivers an exceptional level of customer service that meets and/or exceeds customer expectations.
- Helps identify process improvements through changes in practice, standardization or through IT automation.
- Participates as a network security subject matter expert on a wide variety of departmental and organizational-wide projects.
- Prepares and maintains detailed documentation on all physical and logical security configurations.
- Research latest security exploits, vulnerabilities, and attack vectors determines the risk they pose to the business and suggests methods to protect against them.
- Handles support requests and further escalates when needed.
- Responsible for the implementation and migration of software and hardware security upgrades and patches.
- Liaising with vendors to implement security solutions
Education & Certifications
- Associate degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school or three (3) years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge & Experience
- Three (3+) years of ‘hands-on’ experience in management of network systems and application security (with thorough understanding of the latest technologies, security principles, and protocols)
- Extensive experience with networks and information security with a proven track record of success.
- Expertise across various security products including firewalls, URL filtering, information security and virus protection
- Advanced understanding of computer networking, hardware, and software including router, firewall and switch configuration, troubleshooting, and cabling.
- Strong understanding of network and security platforms and tools such as firewalls, IDS/IPS, SIEM, DLP, IAM, multifactor authentication, and encryption.
- Experience in Virus, malware, and root kit prevention, identification, and clean up.
- Good analytical, verbal, written, interpersonal, time management and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to learn new procedures and systems quickly in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to identify threats based on risk and demonstrate the value of mitigating security controls.
- Excellent communication skills, documentation, prioritization, customer service and handling change management skills.
- Ability to communicate, resolve and report network security incidents and issues to the upper management.
- Effective time management and prioritization skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Regular attendance and punctuality.
Our Benefits We’re here to help support you, your family, and your future. Explore how Signature Aviation's benefits can work for you.