Handyman - PBI Airport
Signature Aviation is a market leading global aviation services provider with over 220 locations and 6,000 employees worldwide. Eligible team members enjoy a wide array of benefits including health and welfare options, generous 401k match, paid time off, tuition assistance, and limitless opportunities for training and development.
Perform cleaning activities such as dusting, mopping, collecting trash, etc.
- Perform minor fixes such as repairing broken locks, filling gaps on walls etc.
- Maintain and inspect electrical circuitry
- Install appliances and equipment
- Conduct maintenance tasks such as replacing light bulbs
- Inspect and troubleshoot equipment and systems (e.g. ventilation)
- Check functionality of safety systems (e.g. fire alarm)
- Collaborate with workers and other professionals during renovations
- Report to a facilities or maintenance manager for issues
- Install and/or repair heating and refrigeration units.
- Paint interior and exterior surfaces.
- Perform custodial duties as necessary.
- Assist in preparing job estimates as required.
- Follow safety policies and procedures.
- Others duties as assigned.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Read, write and fluently speak and understand the English language.
- Read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Write routine correspondence.
- Effectively present information on a one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and employees.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Basic knowledge of HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems
- Experience using hand and electrical tools
- Ability to read technical manuals and drawings
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Physical stamina and dexterity
- High School diploma or GED plus one (1) year experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior facility maintenance experience preferred.
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license.
- Successful completion of an apprenticeship is preferred
An Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Vet
Our Benefits We’re here to help support you, your family, and your future. Explore how Signature Aviation's benefits can work for you.