Safety & Training Manager -HPN
The Safety and Training Manager is a member of the FBO management team and provides training to ground support and customer service staff assisting arriving/departing aircraft, crew members, and passengers. The Manager, Safety and Training oversee the implementation and sustainment of Signature Flight Support's training programs according to the company-provided structure and local authorities ensuring adequate and efficient training is provided for all base personnel according to company policies, procedures, standards, and tier-leveling.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, organize, and deliver training to ground support staff.
- Provide daily leadership and direction to the Base Trainer and OJT Trainers to ensure the training provided is safety focused and consistent.
- Review, audit, and create safety training documentation Develop, implement, and maintain the Company’s internal safety audit plan.
- Lead and promote a culture of safety and empowerment.
- Work closely with the local training team to ensure all base personnel complete required Web Based, Instructor-Led, Virtual Instructor-Led, and On-the-Job Training (OJT).
- Analyze accidents/incidents and prepare risk analysis to address root causes.
- Provide regular updates and feedback to the leadership team regarding new hire performance and progression of training.
- Ensure training provided improves work performance and maximizes employee potential.
- Ensure required local and regulatory fire authority training is completed in a timely manner.
- Ensure all training files are organized, accurate, and maintained within company standards.
- Ensure the Master Base Training document and Service Tracker are current and accurate.
- Overall responsibility and administration of the New Hire Training Process.
- Ensure all team members are following company procedures, monitor for compliance, conduct on-the-spot corrective actions, and provide refresher training as necessary.
- Remain current on training updates to include meetings, calls, and documentation.
- Provide continuous feedback and/or recommendations to improve the training process.
- Ensure Trainers meet expectations consistently.
- Ensure all commercial airline training is completed according to airline standards (if applicable).
- Conduct regular observations and champion the program through instruction and oversight of observations.
- Assist management in the investigation and analysis of incidents or hazards, including determining contributing factors, risk assessment, development of corrective actions, and complete supporting documentation.
- Collaborate with the location's assigned Regional Training Manager and Field Safety Manager routinely.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Perform personnel actions such as interviewing, hiring, scheduling, training, appraising performance,
- Supervises and coordinates activities of employees involved in providing aircraft refueling and associated customer services to general aviation customers
Minimum Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or two years of operational experience
- Must possess strong knowledge of business aviation ground handling operations and safety
- Must possess a valid US driver’s license
Additional knowledge and skills:
- Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write simple correspondence and routine reports. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small groups of customers and other employees of the organization.
- Critical Thinking / Reasoning Ability: Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Decision-Making Authority: Ongoing supervision is provided on an "as needed" basis. Some independent judgment is necessary to select and apply the most appropriate procedures.
Pay ranges vary based on multiple factors including, without limitation, skill sets, education, shift worked, responsibilities, seniority, geographical market, merit, output, productivity, prior training or experience, travel. The pay starting rate for this position is $79K - $99K , per the collective bargaining agreement.
An Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Vets
From your health to your financial wellness, there are several benefits for you and your family when joining Signature Aviation.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement – Up to $5,250 FT and $2,625 PT per calendar year
- Vision insurance
- Training and Development
- Retirement Saving Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Our Benefits We’re here to help support you, your family, and your future. Explore how Signature Aviation's benefits can work for you.