Airframe and Powerplant Technician
Signature Aviation is a market leading global aviation services provider with over 220 locations and 6,000 employees worldwide. Eligible team members enjoy a wide array of benefits including health and welfare options, generous 401k match, paid time off, tuition assistance, and limitless opportunities for training and development.
The Airframe and Powerplant Technician III generally inspects, repairs, overhauls, upgrades and cleans aircraft. A&P’s also provide for the general and routine maintenance and do so in accordance with all Federal Aviation Administration regulations, all aircraft manufacturer's recommendation and all company policies and procedures. Additionally A&P mechanics are required to maintain detailed records concerning all work conducted, inspections performed, conditions found, and safety compliance.
Additionally, Technician III’s are more qualified to perform engine run and taxi on multiple aircraft as well perform engine rigging, flight control rigging, be able to communicate with customers, estimate tasks, understand wiring and structures, and perform troubleshooting of aircraft systems. The senior mechanics also obtain the ability to mentor junior mechanics as well provide supervision while managing multiple projects. At the Technician III level, the technician begins to transition into a supervisor over mechanic. Managing multiple projects as well crews of technicians and inspectors, all while effectively communicating with customers and senior leadership.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintenance planning
- Supervise/manage projects and technicians
- Communicate with senior leadership and customers
- Inspect work performed
- Complex troubleshooting of aircraft systems
- Complex engine and flight control rigging
- Engine run and taxi
- Must work well as part of a team, get along with others, follow lawful directions and instructions the first time, follow all company policies and procedures, and ask questions to clarify instructions.
- Understand flat rates and execute accordingly
- Yes. Eight to twelve Mechanics
Minimum Education and/or Experience:
- Master’s degree or equivalent and ten plus years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Airframe and powerplant license. Multiple airframe schools.
- Ability to analyze and interpret industry journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information.
An Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Vet
From your health to your financial wellness, there are several benefits for you and your family when joining Signature Aviation.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement – Up to $5,250 FT and $2,625 PT per calendar year
- Vision insurance
- Training and Development
- Retirement Saving Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Our Benefits We’re here to help support you, your family, and your future. Explore how Signature Aviation's benefits can work for you.
Maintenance Administrator ISignature Flight Support LLC Winston-Salem, North Carolina Smith Reynolds Airport
Avionics TechnicianSignature Flight Support LLC Winston-Salem, North Carolina Smith Reynolds Airport